The services I offer will mean different things depending who you are:
For the ordinary Joe
Think of me as your local, friendly maker/fixer of modern technical products. Got a problem with your laptop bag, or want an FM transmitter designed just for you? Come to me.
For small organisations
Think of me as a designer on call. I can research and design all kinds of interactive thingummies, images, products or systems based around your needs. Or your customers' needs.
Depending how many you need, I might then be able to make more of them for you, or put you in touch with the right people to do it. Or I can fix up your existing range or product systems so that they work more efficiently. I do all this using a process of interviewing, observations, mindmapping, sketching, modelling, testing and evaluation. Have a browse through the projects to get an idea.
Either way, the best thing is probably to ring me to set up a meeting.
For design organisations
Think of me as your auxiliary industrial designer. I can take on any stage of a product design process, working from your site or from my own premises. I can also talk, write or tutor on any part of the design process, design skills or methods, or my areas of primary interest. Here are my stats:
- Sustainable product and systems design
- Appropriate/intermediate technologies
- Man-machine interaction, tangible computer interfaces
- Open source product design - investigating the dialogue between user and designer & re-thinking their traditional roles.
- Sketching - [thumbnail drawings, rendered presentation drawings, developmental sketches]
- Physical Modelling - [proof of concept & exploratory]
- CAD - [Solidworks, Inventor, Solid Edge, 3DS Max, Rhinoceros, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, Dreamweaver]
- Rapid prototyping/manufacture if required
- User-centred inclusive design - [extensive user research, usability testing, co-design, stakeholder analysis]
- Problem led, convergent design process - [problem definition, idea generation, concepting, design development, refinement, production]
- Iterative prototyping, testing and improvement
- Divergent research & experimentation